BHCP Demonstration Plant
- Successful operations continue with targeted continuous runs completed. Recent operations have delivered Mixed Hydroxide Precipitate (MHP), ranging from smaller samples for analysis and assessment to larger samples for use in engineering studies needed to evaluate and specify equipment for the Broken Hill Cobalt Project (BHCP) processing facility.
Refinery Development Program
- COB is commencing a raw materials testing program, sourcing a broad range of cobalt rich materials representing global cobalt supply. The intention is to trial up to 5 tonne samples from third-party suppliers and produce cobalt sulphate on a 1:50 scale basis.
- COB has commenced discussions with West Australian Government regulators on the permitting pathway for the cobalt sulphate refinery.
Strategic alignment of refinery business
- COB is aiming to be one of the first critical minerals projects to deliver directly into the Allied Supply Chain created by the US Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and EU Critical Raw Minerals Act (CRMA).
Human Resources (HR) update
- Emma Jenkins joined COB on Monday 3 July 2023 as a HR Executive – People and Culture. Beyond managing HR functions in Cobalt Blue’s corporate and operational locations, Emma will also be working on future HR requirements in Broken Hill and the cobalt refinery in Kwinana.